Thursday 14 May 2009

Red earth, turquoise sea


So, I made it to Broome! All I knew when I left Perth was that I would be met at the airport and that accommodation was sorted. It was surprisingly easy for relatives who have never met to recognise each other and so I was delivered to the hotel. I'm in staff accommodation, which is a bit like a hostel, but everyone's staying for a while, and free food! In my room there's a German girl and an English girl, both of whom seem very nice, and I've gradually been introduced to many other people in the accommodation, although there are too many names for me to remember. It's someones birthday tonight, so we're all out to hit the town, which I've yet to explore – it was dark when I arrived last night. I start work tomorrow, although as yet I still don't know what work I'll be doing!

So Broome, what do I know of it so far? I know it's small (the airport's pretty much in the centre of town) it's warm (but you still need a jumper outside at night) and that there's a 3m croc in the creek, although I've yet to discover where the creek is... I think that may be the task for the afternoon.

1 comment:

Adele said...

Cool, sounds like you've made yourself at home then! Hope the croc is as welcoming as the people!!