Thursday 4 December 2008

White sand, white surf

Ah yes, I'm headed down the coast between Sydney and Melbourne in a camper van with a German guy called Ricardo. So far we've made it to Horseshoe bay. Having seen many beautiful beaches, and much wildlife en route. Most of the wildlife has been flies. Although we did spend a night with wombats and kangaroos on site in Kangaroo Valley, where the wombats wandered under the van, rocking it in the middle of the night. Then there were the Possums in Jervis bay, so unafraid of us that one ran straight into me in the dark whilst they were busy fighting. And then there was the kangaroo that snuck up on us and raided our bin with me sitting under a metre away!



But the scariest encounter was the one with the huntsman spider than ran across the table (in the dark) and I saw it just as it approached, and climbed, our full bottle of wine... I'm very proud of the fact that I DIDN'T scream! And boy did I NEED a drink after that one! (A friendly Aussie guy removed it for us, after laughing quite a lot at the look on our faces!). And there is so much more to tell, but the sun is shining, the sand is white, and the sea blue, so why would I stay in here any longer than necessary?!

No comments: