Monday 24 November 2008

Who needs money anyway?

Erm... well I do, but not just yet. I can probably survive a bit longer without finding work. And with the complete lack of work available in Sydney (at least if you don't have any previous bar or restaurant experience) I have changed my plans. I will no longer be in Sydney for New Year. I will be in Melbourne. And I'm getting there in a camper van with a German guy I barely know taking about a month to explore the Snowy Mountains and the coast! We plan to arrive in Melbourne a few days before Christmas, but this is pretty much as far as the planning has gone... I thought it was about time I did something a bit more adventurous! The freedom of the open road!

So what have I done in Sydney then? I went to Manly (it was freezing) and watched people learning to surf (I wasn't daft enough to get into that sea - brrr!). I have thoroughly explored the botanic gardens and managed not to get shat on by a fruit bat. I have seen the opera house, wandered along the bridge, been confused by the anti-tardis effect of the modern art gallery (really it DOES look a lot bigger from the outside!) and explored the observatory. I have not visited the Blue mountains or Bondi (it has been unseasonably wet here). I do fly out of Sydney though, so I can always come back for a few days...

Anyway, I don't know how often I'm going to find internet, or even much more civilisation than a long-drop and a BBQ (or more likely just the BBQ), over the next few weeks, but I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I finally make it to Melbourne...

No comments: